Sunday, August 8, 2010

Burger's Lake Blog....

Funny or not....Either way....Piter was not amused....
We started off for this day of fun at Burgers Lake in Ft. Worth Texas. We only got about a third of the way there before I realized I left my sun visor at home....back we went....off again visor in tow!! Yay!!!
Now in my defense...neither of us had ever been there so I was relying on the GPS (wonderful gadget)... however....as we go to our destination (on right) (following the signs of course) on the LEFT we see a whole line of cars waiting...so.....we get in line!!!!! After about 10 minutes security comes by and says..."They have stopped processing until the 10 am camp is done....about 30 minutes to wait before starting again...Strange but okay....we wait...an hour goes by and we are still waiting...I start looking at all the people in line and realize they are not dressed for the pool. Then putting some things together...barbed wire fences....military airplanes....security...I get out and ask the lady in front of me what she was waiting for...she answered " for count to be over" I asked if this was a prison and she said yes....Piter wanted to know if I was dropping him off!!!!! hahahahahhahahahahahaha!
Burger's lake it turned out was on the RIGHT just as the GPS said but since I was looking to the left I didn't see the entrance sign on the right just where the line of cars started!!! So in that small area...there is a prison, a military base...and A Burger's lake!!! Welcome to Ft. Worth!
Happy Day....All is Well~!!!
Tarzan in line....this was a one time wonder....
the wonder being when would the line stop getting longer!!!!! We already wasted enough time trying to get into Prison!!!!!
A little relief during the day.... Freedom from the sun....
and heat!! This was a great shade place in the lake!!!!
These slides are already old news for Piter...so he's on to better new stuff!!
Low dive.....
Hmmmm...Let me try the high dive....Can you see me in line...I'm after the girl...
He did it!!! Piter....goes in from on high!!! First time ever!!! He's wasting no more time on the small things....
Oh wait...he's back to the low dive...his favorite place all day!
Okay....he'll make the most out of the smaller things instead... He made a big splash.....
The Lake is small but fun...the water spewing out of the tubes is ice cold....I guess that's the spring water that feeds the lake!!!He's so happy we found this place....finally....Happy Day...All is Well!!
He's looking for leftovers...got any?
Time to head home after a hot day swimming!
All in all it was a good day!!!!! Day camping is a lot of fun and a lot less work than campouts!!!
Piter is still wondering if I want to drop him off or not!!!!!

1 comment:

big_smartmouth said...

i cannot believe you waited in line to get into prison! ha! well, since you were there, i'm sure i have some relatives you could stop by during visiting hours and say hi to for me! hehehe...the lake looks amazing. a total must see for us, if we ever make it down there.